Chocolate Chip Pancakes
This morning I thought I would try out a recipe I found in Pinterest for Chocolate Chip American Pancakes. I haven’t yet finished converting cups into grams, but when I have I’ll update the post.
The pancakes were lovely and fluffy, but it was quite hard to work out the temperature and cooking time. After some trial and error, I recommend a medium to low heat with a lightly oiled frying pan. Carefully turn them over when you see bubbles on the surface.
The recipe (with my slight adjustments):
- 1 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbls Caster Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tbls of melted Butter
- 200 grams of Milk Chocolate Chips (or 1 cup)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and butter in a separate jug.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until there are no visible dry ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a frying pan (over a medium heat with a little oil) place level tablespoons of mixture. I could get 3 pancakes cooking at a time.
- When they begin to bubble on the surface, flip them over and cook until browned.
This easily made 18 pancakes (and I could only manage to eat 2! So we have plenty for breakfast in the week as well).
6 February 2021
It’s taken just over a year, but this embroidery is finally finished!
1 January 2021
It's new year's day and I'm making Mushroom Ragu.
30 December 2020
How I used the school's Cricut machine to make custom stickers for Christmas wrapping.
14 June 2020
What did I get up to in the Sewing Weekender 2020?
6 June 2020
In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be antiracist.