Chocolate Chip Pancakes
This morning I thought I would try out a recipe I found in Pinterest for Chocolate Chip American Pancakes. I haven’t yet finished converting cups into grams, but when I have I’ll update the post.
The pancakes were lovely and fluffy, but it was quite hard to work out the temperature and cooking time. After some trial and error, I recommend a medium to low heat with a lightly oiled frying pan. Carefully turn them over when you see bubbles on the surface.
The recipe (with my slight adjustments):
- 1 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbls Caster Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tbls of melted Butter
- 200 grams of Milk Chocolate Chips (or 1 cup)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and butter in a separate jug.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until there are no visible dry ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a frying pan (over a medium heat with a little oil) place level tablespoons of mixture. I could get 3 pancakes cooking at a time.
- When they begin to bubble on the surface, flip them over and cook until browned.
This easily made 18 pancakes (and I could only manage to eat 2! So we have plenty for breakfast in the week as well).
4 February 2023
I’ve been watching people making temperature quilts on social media for a few years and really liked the idea of making one. But I knew I would struggle to carry such a large project through to the end, plus the idea of knitting a blanket in the heat of summer wasn’t that appealing. Then I […]
3 February 2023
I finally caught COVID, and while I am curled up on my sofa feeling sorry for myself, I thought I would check through things. I realised that I haven’t written anything on this blog for ages (gulp April 2021) and so much has happened! The problem is that Instagram is so much quicker and easier […]
19 April 2021
In which I attempt to make a giant quilt, for the first time!
6 February 2021
It’s taken just over a year, but this embroidery is finally finished!
1 January 2021
It's new year's day and I'm making Mushroom Ragu.