Sewing

Adapting Patterns

Just before I started this blog, I made this blouse:

The pattern is the Mathilde Blouse from Tilly and the Buttons. It comes again with a wonderful set of tutorials. However, I am quite tall (and have a particularly long body, which is why shop bought dresses never have their waistline in the right place on me), so I decided to make another Mathilde blouse to go with the skirt I finished the other day.

I decided to modify the pattern slightly. Mainly to make the body longer, the neckline slightly lower (so it sits in my collar bone instead of above it) and the sleeves slightly narrower.

So I traced the pattern pieces, with my modifications, and am about to start cutting out my pieces from some plain white cotton poplin. I am planning on using some turquoise polka dot buttons for the back.

There are 1 1/2 weeks left of the Easter holidays and I am planning to make this blouse, another skirt and my teenage daughter has asked if I can help her make a skirt as well. It’s going to be busy!

© 2014–2020 What Katie Made Next. All rights reserved.